BA (1982), MA (1986), Cambridge University
MEng (1987), National University of Singapore
MS (1987), PhD (1991), Stanford University
His early works focused on the mechanics of robotic manipulators, mechanism designs, as well as the vibration of structural elements and the mechanics of ultrasonic motors. Notable contributions include the application of "Structural Intensity" for the vibration study to various aspects of engineering disciplines from fracture mechanics to biomechanics. His more recent research focuses on Mechanics in Medicine where he has been working with clinical doctors from various disciplines. Another aspect of his current research is related to biofouling where he examines the effect of ultrasound on the biofouling of microalgaes and cyprids. He has a few patents based on his work in Mechanics in Medicine as well as Biofouling. He has more than 270 publications in peer review journals with a total of about 2600 citations. His H factor is 25 and he has several funded research projects as PI or Co-PI with A*STAR, MOE, NRF, SMA, PUB, TDSI and DSO.
1. ZHU, J, H P Lee, K M Lim, B.R. Gordon and D Y Wang, "Effect of Accessory Ostia on Maxillary Sinus Ventilation: a Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Study". Respiratory Physiology & Neurobiology, 183, no. 2 (2012): 91-99.
2. ZHU, J, H P Lee, K M Lim, S J LEE, L S L TEO and D Y Wang, "Passive movement of human soft palate during respiration: a simulation of 3D fluid/structure". Journal of Biomechanics, 45, no. 11 (2012): 1992-2000.
3. LEE, S J, H P Lee, K M TSE, EC Cheong and S P Lim, "Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Rapid Prototyping (RP) Assisted Contouring of Costal Cartilage Graft for Facial Reconstructive Surgery". Craniomaxillofacial Trauma & Reconstruction, 5, no. 2 (2012):75-82.
4. GUO, S, H P Lee, S L-M TEO and B C Khoo, "Inhibition of barnacle cyprid settlement with low frequency and intensity ultrasound". Biofouling, 28, no. 2 (2012): 231-241.
5. HARIKRISHNAN, N U, H DENY, L Y L Yung, M L Ng, H P Lee, B C Khoo and K M Lim, "Characterization and separation of Cryptosporidium and Giardia cells using on –chip dielectrophoresis". Biomicrofluidics, 6 (2012): 012805.
6. ZHANG, J, B C Khoo, H P Lee, C.P. Teo, N. Haja and K.Q. Peng, "Effects of baffle configurations on the performance of a potable water service reservoir" Journal of Environmental Engineering-ASCE, 138, no. 5 (2012): 578-587.
7. TSE, K M, H P Lee, N Shabana, SC Loon, PG Watson and SYL Thean, "Do shapes and dimensions of scleral flap and sclerostomy influence aqueous outflow in trabeculectomy? A finite element simulation approach". British Journal of Ophthalmology, 96 (2012): 432-437.
8. Chen, X B, H P Lee, F H V CHONG and D Y Wang, "Drug Delivery in a Nasal Cavity with Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery -A Computational Fluid Dynamics Study". Journal of Laryngology and Otology, (2012): 1-8.
9. GUO, S, H P Lee and B C Khoo, "Effect of ultrasound on barnacle (Amphibalanus amphitrite) cyprid settlement". Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology, 409, no. 1-2 (2011): 253-258.
10. CHEN, XP, H P Lee, D Y Wang and F H V CHONG, "Aerodynamic Characteristics inside the Rhinosinosal Cavity after Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery". American Journal of Rhinology & Allergy, 25, no. 6 (2011): 388-392.