Ph.D, Katholiek Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, in 1989
M.Eng, Tsinghua University, People's Republic of China, in 1982
B.Eng, Tsinghua University, People's Republic of China, in 1977
Full professor at Department of Mechanical Engineering of National University of Singapore (since 2004)
Affiliate professor in the Department of Materials, Metallurgical, Mining & Geological Engineering at University of Idaho (since 2001)
Editor-in-Chief of Functional Materials Letter
Functional Materials, Thin Film Deposition, Nanostructured Materials
His research interests include nanostructured materials, and functional thin films such as all-solid-state microbatteries and ferroelectric thin films. He has been invited to numerous conferences. He is one of the two authors of Mechanical Alloying, Kluwer Academic Publishers, USA, the first book of its kind in this area. Dr. Lu is also one of the three authors of the books of Laser-induced Materials Processes for Rapid Prototyping, and Image-based Fractal Description of Microstructures, Kluwer Academic Publishers, USA. He has published more than 320 papers in international journals. Dr. Lu has been involved in wide international collaborations in nanostructured materials, ferroelectric thin films and microbatteries with various universities.
Fig.1 Enhancement of cyclability of high performance of lithium batteries
Fig.2 Growth of Single-Crystal a-MnO2 Nanotubes Prepared by a Hydrothermal Route
1. J.K. Feng , H. Xia, M. O. Lai and L. Lu, “NASICON structured LiGe2(PO4)3 with improved cyclability for high performance lithium batteries”, J. Phys. Chem. C, 113 (2009), 20514-20520.
2. H. Xia, L. Lu and M.O. Lai, “Li diffusion in LiNi0.5Mn0.5O2 thin film electrodes prepared by pulsed laser deposition”, Electrochim. Acta, 54?(2009), 5986-5991.
3. H.L. Wang, H. Xia, M.O.Lai and L. Lu, “Enhancements of rate capability and cyclic performance of spinel-LiNi0.5Mn1.5O4 by trace Ru-doping”, Electroche. Comm. 11 (2009) 1539�C1542
4. W. Xiao, H. Xia, J.Y.H. Fuh, L. Lu, “Growth of Single-Crystal a-MnO2 Nanotubes Prepared by a Hydrothermal Route and their electrochemical property”, J Power Sources.
5. S.J. Wang, L. Lu , M.O. Lai, and J.Y.H. Fuh, “The role of oxygen pressure and thickness on structure and pyroelectric properties of Ba(Ti 0.85Sn 0.15)O3 thin films grown by pulsed laser deposition”, J Appl. Phys., 105 (2009) 084102.