BSc, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 1984
PhD, National University of Singapore, 1994
Fellow of Academy Engineering Singapore, Fellow of IEEE
Provost’s Chair Professor
Area Director, Integrated Circuits & Embedded Systems
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Editor-in-Chief, IEEE Transactions on Circuits & Systems II
Low voltage and low power circuit design techniques
Ultra low power wireless sensor platform
Battery-less wireless biomedical sensor
2011 Institution of Engineers Singapore Prestigious Engineering Achievement Award
2008 Multimedia Communications Best Paper Award from IEEE Communications Society
1996 IEEE Circuits and Systems Society’s Guillemin-Cauer Award for the best paper published in the IEEE
Transactions on Circuits and Systems I and II
1. ZL Yang, L Yao, and Y Lian, "A 0.5-V 35-µW 85-dB DR Double-Sampled ∆∑ Modulator for Audio Applications", IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 47, No. 3, pp. 722-735, March 2012.
2. JH Zhang, Y Lian, L Yao, and B Shi, "A 0.6-V 82-dB 28.6-µW Continuous-Time Audio Delta-Sigma Modulator", IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 46, No. 10, pp. 2326-2335, Oct. 2011.
3. M Nair, Y Zheng, CW Ang, Y Lian, X Yuan, and CH Heng, "A Low SIR Impulse-UWB Transceiver Utilizing Chirp FSK in 0.18µm CMOS", IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 45, No. 11, pp. 2388-2403, Nov. 2010.
4. XD Zou, XY Xu, LB Yao, and Y Lian, "A 1 V 450 nW Fully Integrated Programmable Biomedical Sensor Interface System", IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 44, No. 4, pp.1067-1077, April 2009
5. L Wang, YX Guo, Y Lian, CH Heng, "3-5GHz 4-Channel UWB Beamforming Transmitter with 1° Phase Resolution through Calibrated Vernier Delay Line in 0.13µm CMOS", 2012 International Solid-State Circuits Conference(ISSCC2012), Feb. 2012.
6. XD Zou, WS Liew, LB Yao, and Y Lian, "A 1 V 22 μW 32-Channel Implantable EEG Recording IC", 2010 International Solid-State Circuits Conference(ISSCC2010), Feb.