BSc, Fujian Normal University, 1987
MSc, Lanzhou Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 1990
PhD, Indiana University, 1994-1999
Postdoc, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1999-2001
Anti-aging medicine, bioactive constituents in edible plants, Chinese herbal medicine, dietary antioxidants and oxidative stress, functional foods for controlling hyperglycemia, luminescent molecular and nanoprobes for detection of small molecules (NO, NO2, H2S, ClO-, etc) of biological importance. High throughput screening methodology development.
1. A high throughput screening assay for determination of chronological lifespan of yeast, Experimental Gerontology, 2011, 46, 915-922.
2. Air oxidation of HS- catalyzed by a mixed-valence diruthenium complex, an Near-IR Probe for HS- detection. Inorganic Chemistry 2011, 50, 7379-7381.
3. Nitric oxide switches on the photoluminescence of molecularly engineered quantum dots. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 11692-11694.
4. A High-Throughput Assay for Quantification of Starch Hydrolase Inhibition Based on Turbidity Measurement, Journal Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2011, 59, 9756-9762.
5. When East meets West: the relationship between yin/yang and antioxidation/oxidation FASEB J. 2003, 17, 127-129.