BS, 1985, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, China
PhD, 1994, Massey University, New Zealand
Postdoctoral Fellow, 1994-1997, New Zealand Dairy Research Institute
Food bioscience – bioprotection, probiotics, lactic acid bacteria and yeast physiology
Flavour science – characterization and biogeneration via fermentation and biocatalysis
Fruit wine fermentation – papaya, mango, longan, durian, lychee
1. Cheong, M.W., Chong, Z.S., Liu, S.-Q., Zhou, W.B., Curran, P., and Yu, B. (2012) Characterisation of calamansi (Citrus microcarpa). Part I: Volatiles, aromatic profiles and phenolic acids in the peel. Food Chemistry. 134, 686-695.
2. Lee, P.-R., Saputra, A., Yu, B., Curran, P., and Liu, S.-Q. (2012) Biotransformation of durian pulp by mono- and mixed-cultures of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Williopsis saturnus. LWT- Food Science and Technology. 46, 84-90.
3. Li, X., Chan, L.J., Yu, B., Curran, P., and Liu, S.-Q. (2012) Fermentation of three varieties of mango juices with a mixture of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Williopsis saturnus var. mrakii. International Journal of Food Microbiology. 158, 28-35.
4. Sun, J.C., Yu, B., Curran, P., and Liu, S.-Q. (2012) Lipase-catalysed transesterification of coconut oil with fusel alcohols in a solvent-free system. Food Chemistry. 134, 89-94.
5. Tan, A.W.J., Lee, P.-R., Seow, Y.X., Ong, P.K.C, and Liu, S.-Q. (2012) Volatile sulphur compounds and pathways of L-methionine catabolism in Williopsis yeasts. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 95, 1011-1020.