B. Sc., Beijing University of Chemical Technology, 1982;
M.Eng., Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, 1985;
Ph. D, The University of Queensland, Australia, 1991;
Postdoc, University of Waterloo, Canada, 1990-1991;
Fellow, Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology (AIFST);
Board Member, Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) of Singapore
1.Food Engineering: process modeling; process optimisation; advanced process control.
2.Food Processing: baking processes; dairy processes; drying processes; high pressure processing; ultrasonic processing.
3.Functional Foods: effect of food processing on functional components such as antioxidants, isoflavones and probiotics; innovative processing technologies for next-generation functional foods.
1. W Wang, and W Zhou*, Characterization of spray-dried soy sauce powders using maltodextrins as carrier, Journal of Food Engineering, 109, 399-405 (2012).
2. TMP Nguyen, YK Lee, and W Zhou*, Effect of high intensity ultrasound on carbohydrate metabolism of bifidobacteria in milk fermentation, Food Chemistry, 130, 866-874 (2012).
3. A Sharma, and W Zhou*, A stability study of green tea catechins during the biscuit making process, Food Chemistry, 126, 568-573 (2011).
4. G Bansal, W Zhou*, PJ Barlow, P Joshi, HL Lo, and YK Chung, Review of rapid tests available for measuring the quality changes in frying oils and comparison with standard methods, Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 50, 503-514 (2010).
5. G Bansal, W Zhou*, TW Tan, FL Neo, and HL Lo, Analysis of trans fatty acids in deep frying oils by three different approaches, Food Chemistry, 116, 535-541 (2009).
6. R Wang, W Zhou* and X Jiang, Mathematical modeling of the stability of green tea catechin epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) during bread baking, Journal of Food Engineering, 87, 505-513 (2008).
(*denotes corresponding author)